Working Student - Community Communication Technical Wishlist
Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. is a non-profit organisation based in Berlin dedicated to the dissemination of free knowledge. At Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. about 80 employees work to support projects like Wikipedia and Wikidata.
In the software development department we are building open source software that impacts the world. One of the main projects of the department is the German-speaking communities' Technical Wishlist, an approach to address the diverse technical needs of editors in the Wikimedia projects, with special focus on Wikipedia.
We are looking for a smart, motivated working student with focus on community communication for the Technical Wishlist. You will be working directly with the Community Communications Manager, the German-speaking communities and the engineering teams. The position is available at our Berlin office or remote, starting as soon as possible. Your working hours will be 15 to 20 hours per week.
We are looking for colleagues
- who are enrolled as Bachelor or Master students at a German university or college or qualified for working in Germany as an ERASMUS program student.
- who have first experience or a high interest in communication, project and event management.
- who support us in communication around the Technical Wishlist and enjoy the challenge of translating between technical and non technical audiences.
- who support us in planning and organizing different events and meetings in close collaboration with the German-speaking communities.
- who can communicate with the German-speaking community on a near native level, and speak English fluently.
- who possess flexibility, adaptability and feel comfortable in working in a multidisciplinary team.
- who are dedicated to our community. They come first.
- who have experience in editing Wikis (as a plus).
We offer you
- an exciting job and the possibility to extend your knowledge in different fields and areas of free knowledge, open source software and community centered software development with a long term perspective supported by our *internal mentoring program.
- insights and gaining working experiences in an agile and exciting environment and an international movement.
The position is initially limited.
We are looking forward to your application. Please apply by sending us your motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot consider applications that are not sent in as e-mail to the address stated above.
Wikimedia Deutschland is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on ethnicity, citizenship, religion, political views, sex or gender.