UX Designer (m/f) Internship
Wikimedia Deutschland – Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V. is a non-profit organisation based in Berlin, Germany. With more than 85 employees and 50.000 members, it is the oldest and largest of more than 40 independent chapters of the international Wikimedia movement. The most well-known Wikimedia project, the free online encyclopedia Wikipedia, is used by millions of people across the world every day and is continuously updated and improved by millions of users.
In the software development department, we are building open source software that impacts one of the most visited websites in the world. Your work will help to improve our products’ usability and usefulness for readers and editors in the Wikimedia communities.
We are looking for an UX intern (m/f) to join our Software Engineering team in our office in the heart of Berlin. We are open to discuss possibilities to work remotely. You will work closely with our UX designer/researcher.
- See features through from idea on paper through implementation and evaluation.
- Distill complex concepts into easy to understand talking points, graphics or prototypes to effectively articulate and discuss ideas with Product Managers, Engineers and the community.
- Understand the community, their needs and the usability of our products by gathering, analysing and discussing qualitative and quantitative data
Iteratively improve features by consulting and exchanging with Product managers and Engineers.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- You have experience in Human Centered Design, Design Thinking or another research-based design method.
- You are able to communicate fluently in English in a multidisciplinary team
- Plus: Share our love for open source
- Plus: experience with open source software/wikis
All software we develop is open source, we also contribute back to various projects we use, including some of the ones listed above. Many of our components are also published in a format that allows reuse outside of our own projects. Please send your application with work examples, cv and the period of the internship to email@example.com
Wikimedia Deutschland commits itself to the principles of equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, nationality, religion, political or other opinion, sex, age, disability or sexual identity or orientation.