Please do not submit applications, anymore. This page is kept for documentation purposes only.
Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the dissemination of free knowledge. It was founded in 2004 and has been supporting the diverse Wikimedia projects like Wikipedia ever since. Wikimedia Deutschland promotes free access to free knowledge as a fundamental human right to education. Like its fellow Wikimedia projects Wikipedia is independent, ad-free and entirely based on volunteer contributions and donations.
- development and maintenance of the fronend of existing applications, e.g. www.wikidata.org
Your Professional Skills:
- several years of experience in frontend development
- experience with version control systems and code review tools such as Git and e.g. Gerrit (optional)
- good command of the English language, spoken and written, as the team is communicating in English
- completed apprenticeship or university degree in Computer Science or similar qualification by practical experience
Your Personal Skills:
- enjoyment of working in a team and a passion for open source and free software
- high degree of self-initiative and creativity and the ability to work independently
- excellent communication skills and problem-solving competence
If the idea of free knowledge inspires you and if your qualification allows for it, we are looking forward to meeting you. Please submit your application including supporting documentation (CV, certificates, details of your salary expectations and starting date) to email@example.com.
The position will be filled as soon as possible.
Wikimedia Deutschland commits itself to the principles of equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, nationality, religion, political or other opinion, sex, age, disability or sexual identity or orientation.